Monday, December 20, 2010

Ach!


As I sit in a hotel in Glasgow, reflecting on the crazy "adventure" this trip home has turned into, I can't help but compare myself to the dozens of movie heroes and heroines that go to great lengths to make it home for Christmas.  Alright, alright, so the stress of my flight home being cancelled, and having to rebook for Christmas Eve may not be quite up to the calibre of the movies I've seen, but it's really just the beginning.

I have 3 days in Glasgow waiting for my flight home, and a lot can happen in 3 days.  Because I'd booked my island flight separately from the main event, I had to come to Glasgow even though I knew the chance of me leaving tomorrow was very very slim.  But somehow, knowing that a cancelled flight off the island can't stop me now is comforting.  One flight down...

And while I'm counting my blessings...here's another one: I will be staying in my neighbor's "city flat" for my in between days!!!  That's right, at least I will be able to while away the hours for free, and in an awesome location.  

Yes, I would much rather be heading home tomorrow, and am still sad that I will miss those days with my family and friends, but things could be much much worse.  I could be one of those crying girls stuck in Heathrow airport for 3 days that they've been interviewing for the news programs.  

Expect frequent updates as I make use of the £10 Starbucks gift card I bought myself last month :)  Over and out!

No comments: