Friday, March 5, 2010

Excitement & Disappointment


After almost a year without a pet of any kind, I finally decided that enough was enough and decided to get an African Dwarf Frog. I've had 2 in my pet owning history, and I loved both. They are aquatic frogs, and are much easier to keep alive than fish. They're usually quite friendly and entertaining with great personalities. I think they're hilarious personally...

Now that I've established the pros to owning an aquatic frog, I'll get on with the excitement part. As soon as I decided I wanted to bite the bullet and get a frog, I went to the local pet shop and inquired about the possibility of getting one in. They assured me it wasn't a problem and told me to come back the next Thursday...which was yesterday. I was so excited that I practically jumped out of bed, which for this chronic sleep-in-er is very very unusual. I'm pretty sure the last time it happened was the day I left home to come to Scotland! Not even Christmas morning elicits that response anymore.

I prepared a temporary home for my little critter and drove to town thinking over the many name ideas I was given over the past week.

Enter Disappointment...

They canceled their shipment for the week because bad weather had been in the forecast! Need I add that it was a beautiful day? Ugh. They told me to come back next Thursday. I wonder where my frog is at this very moment...not where he's supposed to be...



Luckily the day wasn't completely wasted...check this window display out! It's at the Celtic Clothing shop...

No comments: