Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stuck.

On Sunday night I felt a bit strange and definitely a bit tired. I chalked up everything to just going too hard for a hair too long, but knew that the next few days would be just as busy and if I could just get through until our trip to Skye, it'd be fine. Wrong. On Monday I felt the beginnings of a sinus infection that is making itself known by one goopy eye and a achey left side of my face. Great. I managed to get out last night for a fun filled night of fajitas, ice cream and Brian Regan, but today have yet to leave the house. Torture!

So, in order to relieve some of my cabin fever and general feeling of yuck, I'm providing you with a blog highlighting some recent events.


Yes, I am still waiting for my african dwarf frog to materialize. It's been over a month, and I'm a bit disheartened after this last weekly visit to the pet shop. I'll be off the island this week, so at least I'll have one week without the routine disappointment. But look at that lovely new home! Isn't it cozy :) He's gonna love it!

I also won a cake at the last ceilidh I went to! Isn't it gorgeous...


I also headed out to "the Port" about 5 minutes drive from my house. It was a windy day, but sunny and really pretty. I had the chance to see the waves crashing over the pier and am glad that I took advantage of the day before my health and the weather took a turn for the worse.



I just have to keep telling myself that this too will pass. Not sure why, but it seems like everytime I get sick like this, I feel like I'll never get better. I'm such a wimp when it comes to puffy sore eyes. Not sure if it's the pain or the fact that it prevents me from wearing make-up.

No comments: