Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A shopping trip is a shopping trip is a shopping trip!

(view from the ferry)
Last week I took the proverbial giant leap for a vehicle dependent Kansas girl and hopped on the ferry for the mainland with nothing but a backpack. Yes, I left the island knowing that for the next two days I'd be completely dependent on public transportation. Not such a big deal for most people, but a huge step of faith for me. So are you wondering how it was? Are you imagining me stranded at a crossroads in the middle of the Scottish Highlands? Well, although that would have been a somewhat romantic situation (I'm now picturing a tall dark Scotsman coming to the rescue of course), that's not what happened at all.

My friends and I got to Inverness, to the B&B, the shops, and the movie theater and back home without a hitch! I even came back with a free artistic vegetable peeler from a Tesco Extra demonstration. Don't worry, I'll have an example of what it is capable of up soon :)

No comments: