Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pancakes for lunch!

Amazingly enough it took the worldwide phenomenom of Pancake Day to get me to finally make some pancakes. I haven't had homemade pancakes since I came to the UK last April, and I'll tell you what...it's been way too long. I'm not a breakfast eater, and even though I like breakfast food, it's really easy for me to overlook it when I'm trying to decide what I want for lunch or dinner. So maybe this is the start of me having a personal pancake day on a regular basis. We'll see about that.

So what's up besides me rediscovering the humble pancake? Well, my housemate, another friend and I are getting ready to embark on our first car-less trip to the mainland! I just booked the bed and breakfast in Inverness, so on Thursday morning we'll hop on the Ferry to Ullapool as foot passengers, hop on a bus from there, and hopefully make it to our B&B still excited about our adventure. The catalyst for this trip was to see Avatar in 3D since our little cinema doesn't have the technology for that. Maybe I should check on tickets...

No comments: