Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sewing Sunday!


I did a bit of weekend sewing Sunday!  My first real sewing project actually…that is, the first one following a pattern.  Prior to this project, I had sewn 1 1/2 quilts, pillows, and the inside of a couple crochet purses.  Essentially, I'd only sewn squares.


After flipping through the pages of this book, 4 years ago….  I found this apron.  I thought it was cute, practical, and looked fairly simple.  I believe it was fairly simple, but a tad too complicated for me to pull off without a hitch.  


I had several problems along the way, and the end result isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination (the whole gathering principle is way beyond me at the moment).  However; it's just an apron, and my first time trying, so I'm actually quite pleased with the result.  Considering that before now I had no apron (thinking that I shouldn't buy something that I was planning on making...for 4 years), I'm happy with my new apron.  I also have more respect for all of the apron makers out there.


It also matches my kitchen curtain!  Which I won't be showing today…  Like I said, the gathering principle is way beyond me at the moment.



No comments: