Monday, November 8, 2010

What is the most Haunted city in England?


York! The answer is York! How do I know? Because the leader of the excellent York Ghost Walk said so.

So what in the world was I doing in York? Well, I decided that going straight to London and back would be a waste of a train ticket, so I tacked on an extra day and stopped off in York on the way home. It turned out to be one of the best ideas I'd had all month. Here's a few pics:

The old town wall is still in place...just in case?


York Minster was supposed to be the main event...



I ended up spending most of Day 1 in the shops instead...


I would not consider myself superstitious...but after the creepy ghost walk,
coming back to a convent felt pretty good. Something about knowing there
were nuns all over the place was comforting. I mean, who could get
spooked in a room named St. Luke's Room?

What can I say... I live a charmed life! Most of the time... Tonight, however, I feel a cold coming on and my yucky green tea is...well.. yucky.

No comments: