Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Soup Discovery

Having chicken noodle soup when I'm sick seems instinctive after 20+ years of positive reinforcement. I think most Americans can relate. Remember the Chicken Soup for the Soul phenomenon anyone? That proves it, I am not alone here.

Anyway, rewind about a year and a half, and I'm boarding a plane to Scotland completely unconcerned about leaving the material comforts of home. Well, maybe at the back of my mind I'm wondering about Mountain Dew and Raid... My point is that I assumed that chicken noodle soup would be there when I needed it, in such a technologically advanced country.

Technically it was I suppose... just with an unidentifiable exotic tang. What is that? What is that tang? Whatever it is, it does not belong in my ultimate comfort food.

Enter Baxter's Chicken Broth.


It says Chicken Broth, but it should say Chicken & Rice Sunshine Soup. Thanks to the latest wave of sinus-related achy-ness, after a year and a half, I've discovered this perfect substitution. Yes, it's out of a can, but remember, I am American and that actually adds to its appeal.

No comments: