Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's Showtime!


Agricultural show-time that is...

I was lucky enough to get roped into helping out with the Barvas Agricultural Show this year, and despite the rain and flying insects, I had a great time! I was posted at the Art competition tables and had free reign over signing in and displaying artwork created by both young and old participants. Having never been to an agricultural show before, I'll admit that I was a bit apprehensive, but the island once again showed me just how laid back it can be. Not an art diva to be seen. Plus, helping out also meant that I could have lunch and tea for free!

After I did my time in the tent, I had a chance to wander about the rest of the show. It reminded me of a county fair honestly...just wet. Really really wet. I can't personally remember ever going to a rainy county fair, but then, summer rains are few and far between at home. Apparently it always rains for the Barvas Agricultural Show, and it almost sounded like people would've been disappointed had a sunny day broke the record! Well, almost...

No comments: