Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Am I a groupie?

Maybe... Maybe this is just the beginning of my future as a Treacherous Orchestra groupie! I do believe I've mentioned them before, and man did they leave an impression. An impression so strong that shortly after the epic HebCelt Friday night concert, I googled them, and found their gig list. It took about 12 hours after that discovery for me to decide that I would be following them to Glasgow, and I made good on that promise to myself this weekend!

However, this picture is actually of one of the opening acts Breabach, and sadly the only picture I have of the entire trip! My excuse for no Treacherous Orchestra pictures is letting my rapture win out against logic, but for the rest of the 4 day trip, I have no excuse.

Pictureless or not, it was an awesome trip and an awesome concert. We wrangled places right up towards the front, and I had a great view of the fiddlers, and the upright bassist (the sublime Duncan Lyall). In fact I was so close that I could almost make eye contact with the performers... Halfway through the performance, I glanced up at one of the fiddlers and was shocked to find him looking right at me. I did a double take (squinting in spite of my glasses), and he winked! He actually winked! I was mystified and confused. It wasn't until we were walking away from the venue that I got an explanation... I was apparently standing right behind his mother and sister! Nice.

No comments: