Sunday, February 22, 2015

Traveler's Notebook Love


About 6 months ago, I came across a blog post with a quick tutorial on creating a Midori style notebook, or a Traveler's style notebook.  I'd never come across this style of notebook, and was quickly drawn into the obsession.  Since then, I've made a hardcover version, and 4 leather versions.  I still haven't bought the original Midori, and haven't ruled it out, but figuring out how to make my own has been tons of fun!  

For the past few months, I've been using the last two additions & thought I'd share the little buddies with the Internet.


My most used notebook is my Field Notes sized version, and this little guy is chucked in and out of my purse everyday.  This is where my weekly planner lives, as well as my commonplace book, to do lists book, and sketchbook.  One of the most appealing features of this style of notebook is the multiple notebooks. I have 4 notebooks in this guy, plus a folder & fly leaf. Everything is held together by a piece of elastic cord strung through the spine of the leather cover.


I also made a full Midori sized notebook, which is a tad narrower than the standard A5 size.  I like it so far!


I make my folders, so they're less than professional!


I received a few official Midori notebook inserts for Christmas, and I love them! So much nicer than my homemade versions...  I do love using my notebooks, but I think my favorite part of this discovery has been looking at everyone else's!  People are so creative, and they make beautiful notebooks.

There are plenty of options if you're in the market for one of these.  Amazon seems to be a good place to find the original, while Etsy seems to be the hot spot for Traveler Notebooks in general.  There are also tutorials for creating you're own on YouTube, and on blogs.  Check out http://www.mylifeallinoneplace.com if you'd like to learn more, Ray Blake's blog is so helpful!



No comments: