Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I make croutons when I'm bored.


Last week was long.  I'm not sure if it had to do with the fact that we were on our last week of February, (it may be the shortest technically, but it's the longest for me), or if I should blame it on the lack of interesting events to report.  Here, excuse me while I consult my calendar...

Blah. Work. Work. Blah.

Thank-goodness for weekends!  Once Saturday FINALLY ARRIVED, I got to go over to a friends house for a good old-fashioned sleepover!!!  It was awesome and I even made some new discoveries.

1) Over here french toast isn't served with syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream or even fruit.  They eat it with something they call "brown sauce."  I've tasted it before, but don't expect me to enlighten you if you don't know what it is.  All you need to know, is that it's far from sweet.

2) This exists:
I LOVE this egg holder!  How fitting.
3) I found Mountain Dew at a local gas station!  The first I've seen over here...  Unfortunately, it tastes funny...and is labeled as an energy drink that may not be suitable to kids.  Hmmm...

4) I need to stick to using packing lists...  I forgot to bring my toothbrush, hairdryer, moisturizer, AND my pj's.  Seriously.  A sleepover without pj's?  Then, when I came home I realized that I'd left my mirror, cleanser, salad dressing, and olives there! (the last two I acquired while on my visit...I'd like to make it clear that don't make it a habit to bring my own dressing and olives with me on sleepovers).

No comments: