Monday, September 7, 2009

vintage fabric?

I just purchased an old sheet and pillowcase from the local charity shop (for you guys back home, that's a thrift store), and have just discovered through my frivolous internet surfing that I didn't really just buy an old sheet and pillowcase. I bought vintage fabric today! Put the word vintage in front of anything and it just sounds so much better doesn't it. But really, that's pretty cool I think.

This past weekend was flea market weekend in Doniphan County, KS and to counteract my feelings of missing out, I went to the closest thing to a flea market that I could find on Lewis (and on a Monday). The Charity Shop! Fun stuff, I also bought a bowl and got to speak some Gaelic. Nice.

2 comments:

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

I love it!! Are you going to make something with the vintage fabric or use them for your bed?

JennElaine said...

not planning on using them for the bed...this fabric may end up turning up elsewhere...we'll see :)