Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back to South Dakota!

Who knew I would be driving up to South Dakota for two weekends in a row! But I did, and I'm very proud of myself, especially for making it up there the second time in my car. A road trip in my car always involves some memorable moments, here is an example...


For about 6 months now, I have held the drivers side section of my bumper to the rest of the car with a bit of well-placed duct tape, but all good things must come to an end and my duct tape retired at the beginning of my trek from Kansas to Mitchell. I let it flap in the wind for most of the trip while I tried to figure out how to secure it without duct tape and here's what I ended up doing at a gas station in Hartford, SD. I happened to have some steel toed shoes in my backseat and was able to make use of a shoe lace. Not as attractive as the duct tape though...I will have to fix that before too long.

So that was my drive to Mitchell...my drive home was also a memorable experience. As I merged onto interstate 90 outside Mitchell, my speedometer quit. Good grief...I love my car, but sometimes...