Friday, June 14, 2013

Where Do You Take a Scot?


Summer came to Kansas this week!  I turned on the AC on Wednesday night, and that's the official beginning of summer for Kansas folk.  Along with summer, came my dear Scottish friend!  Just in time to enjoy the heat...

Now when I say "my Scottish friend," I mean she actually came over from Scotland, herself...  Technically, I think I've got some Scottish ancestry, along with what seems like 95% of the American population, but this girl even has the telling accent.  So there!

Anyway, she came for a visit, and one of the highlights (for me at least), was a trip to Jamesport, MO.  There's a high concentration of Amish/Mennonite families in this area, so over the years it's become quite the attraction.  Not only does it have small Amish-run businesses and shops, but also a load of antique shops!  Gotta love the antique shops!

My favorite purchase was a pair of blue furniture coasters
that I'm using to even out my kitchen cart!
Hence, my haul pic taking place on the kitchen floor :)


I didn't break the bank or anything, but I had a blast looking around and listening to the musings of my friend.  Twas an awesome day!

No comments: