Monday, August 22, 2011

Wilderness & Paradise

On our awesome Kansas-Colorado road trip, my sisters and I experienced both wilderness and paradise existing side by side.  By the end of the trip we would have spent most of our time in the wilderness that is most of the state of Kansas, but honestly, it was more than worth it!
<-----  KANSAS
We saw some interesting sights...some that were interesting because of just how uninteresting they were...if you catch my drift.

So, after a day of Kansas traveling, we spent the night in Oakley, KS, then started off again crossing the border into Colorado.  It's a myth that all of Colorado is gorgeous mountains.  Eastern Colorado is even more desolate than Western Kansas, but you're just so excited to be in Colorado, that it doesn't matter!  Except if you have to go to the loo.  Then it can be a bit nerve-wracking.  There aren't even any bushes big enough to hide behind!  Strangely enough, I missed this bit of the country when I took my pictures.  So...  Here's the "paradise" section of our trip!   COLORADO ---->



No comments: