Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh the POWER!

The poor hunkered down sheep across the street trying to
brace themselves in the gale force winds.
I feel like I should spend a minute to document our brief 17 hour stint without electricity before the memory fades...

At 9:05pm last night, in the middle of a Lost episode, the power went out in the Community of Ness.  IN THE MIDDLE OF A LOST EPISODE!!!  Oh the trauma...

I know what you're thinking, "How in the world did you manage to keep your sanity?"  My answer to that is: a heavy dose of cinnamon scented candles and the fact that I could go to bed.  Somehow, I was able to go to sleep, and dreamt of dedicated Scottish Hydro Electric workers toiling in the cold & windy night to bring power back to the residents of Ness.  Literally.  I really did constantly dream of power being restored, of the heating, lights, and most importantly internet coming to life.

When I woke up freezing in my dark room, I was just a little disappointed.  However, a Kansas girl like myself knows that life does go on without electricity...especially when one has an open fire and a gas stove at one's disposal.

Needless to say, the experience is over, and it's left me just a tad bit homesick!

No comments: