Friday, February 20, 2009

Everything's temporary...

After weeks of job hunting, I finally found a job! Well...maybe it's not all that exciting after all. My new job basically consists of updating a spreadsheet everyday. E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y. But, it is a job and I'm thankful to be an upstanding citizen again. Despite the maddening monotony of my daily responsibilities, the job has turned out to be bearable largely due to an easy to get along with co-worker. I am an extrovert, and my first day I had been a little worried because my post is in a little office in the middle of a warehouse. There are two other people in my office, one of which is in and out all day. When I realized that I would be so far removed from the usual office environment, I was wondering if I would make it the full 2 weeks.

However, I am happy to report that I have just finished week 3 with my mental faculties intact, and am confident that I will make it through week 4. I will never underestimate the power of a friendship again!

My job has also introduced me to this beauty...the oldest microwave I have ever seen:


Any guesses on it's age?

No comments: